Dog Behavior Problems: Help! My Dog is a Nuisance When He Misbehaves!
How many times have the companion dog owners heard, “When I do not stop, I hate it … or when he mounts foot of people, he embarrass me”. Dog owners usually have no problem filling their dog behavior related problems in the above statements.
I have to believe that whenever I tell this story to the owners of the dog, I feel sad too. Why? Because, these owners have failed to see things from the potential of their dogs! To keep it simple, I should say that they do not understand their dogs at all.
Dogs do not misbehave because they are stimulated, or are disturbed or angry. They just behave in a way that is expected of a dog!
The fact is that dog behavioral problems which we can not stand are not a problem for dogs. In fact, do you know that dogs are “abused” for some reason or two reasons? To list something:
1. Dog bark because they have something to say, to tell you something.
2. Dogs excavate because they smell something under the ground.
3. Dog chews because they are tight and uncomfortable.
4. Dogs pursue after moving objects because they are following their instinct.
5. Dogs become aggressive because they want to protect you.
For your information, most dogs have actually abused their own owners due to lack of care, anxiety and training (in our eyes):
1. Health Problems – Many practitioners and dog trainers believe that at least 20% of all behavioral problems are related to dog health in some other way. For what you know. Your dog can misbehave because he is sick or in pain. If he has always been a good dog, then he suddenly abuses, then bring him to the veterinarian for a thorough examination.
2. Imbalance Diet – Your dog is known to feed the wrong food, due to excessive hypertension in the protein, fat or carbohydrate. Sugar, starch and many other factors can also cause behavioral problems in your dog in your dog’s diet. Before feeding, always read the label of food, if necessary, consult. Remember that dogs need different types of food at different stages of their life.
3. Exercise – lack of exercise also causes a lot of problems. A dog who does not exercise adequately is unhealthy and becomes very active, and displays destructive behavior. Based on the type of breed, dogs require a lot of practice – consider this factor before you get a puppy.
4. Lack of leadership – I can not put enough stress on the importance of leadership issue. Dogs display tons of behavioral problems when they decrease a leader. Offensive and destructive behavior, lifting legs, marking, mounting, barking and so on … It is very important that you assume the role of alpha leader!
You have to understand that all dogs develop problems of behavior. These dog behavioral problems never develop in vacuum. They are always the result of a conversation between you dog and his environment! Most dog behavioral problems can be controlled if not fully resolved. You just have to make some effort and understand that prevention is better than cure.
Finally, next time your dog misbehaves, try to see and understand things with your dog’s potential. You will soon find that you love even more!